- BODYWORKER COMBINING CHIROPRACTIC, MASSAGE, AND STRUCTURAL INTEGRATION
- YOGA THERAPY PRACTITIONER
- PRIVATE SESSION YOGA TEACHER
A straight spine and the ability to sit comfortably is, of course, very important for everyone. If a person meditates or practices hatha yoga, it is even more important because the flow of life force energy from the body to the mind and then to the spirit, and vice-versa, is a big part of accessing higher states of consciousness. My goal, as a yoga therapy practitioner, is to assist in allowing this to happen.
Depending on the individual circumstances, my sessions include two things:
- Myofascial release bodywork, to correct abnormalities such as hyperlordosis, hyperkyphosis, cervical anomalies, core strengthening, and more.
- I prescribe a number of focused stretching and strengthening poses and exercises. These custom-made programs, if practiced regularly, bring about the “side benefit” of relief from back pain and discomfort.
For example, if someone’s goal is relief from back pain, I use my chiropractic skills to find the particular area(s) of the body (especially the spine and pelvis) that are the root cause of the pain. For the correction, I work my way from the subtle to the more physical. A session typically begins with energy work and very gentle chiropractic (holding certain key points on the body.
Next, there will be various body positioning that often use pelvic “lifts” to adjust that key area. This is followed by (and a session is not as linear as this, it is an art too) very specific massage techniques that are effective at making a specific change. These include Muscle Energy Technique and deep tissue massage among others. Of course, follow up visits are part of the program too.